Crazy Hot Hawaiian Sunrise Sauce #CuisineCompanion



Introducing my "Crazy Hot Hawaiian Sunrise Sauce".

Yes it is a mouthful but so is my sauce.

Why the name?

It is made of Crazy Barry's Cherry Tomatoes, Sunrise Bumble Bee Tomatoes, Fatalii Chili (very very hot), Banana Capsicum all from the garden as well as Pineapple (Hence Hawaii) and honey, apple cider vinegar, Garlic, Onion and seasonings.

I took the idea of what to put in from Krystyna Simmons and then adapted to what I wanted. I also put in about 10 whole tomatoes after the cooking so that they will remain whole.

Delicious.

This is my first time growing all of the above and they are all spectacular in their own way. Can I say that the Fatalii Chili is one of the prettiest I have seen (as is the Sunrise Bumble Bee Tomato) but also one of the most fake looking. The skin is so thin and looks like one of those shiny plastic fake foods. Stunning (and did I mention hot - I guess that is the Fatal part - thank God I only put half in)


Ingredients

3 gloves garlic peeled
1 onion peeled and cut into quarters
Yellow Chili - I used 1/2 Fatalii
Olive Oil for frying (approx 1 tablespoon)
1 Kg of yellow cherry tomatoes (reserve about 10 from the cooking process)
3 yellow small banana capsicum cut in 3
about 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
About 1/4 - 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
About 1/2 tablespoon of honey
1/2 teaspoon Salt and White Pepper (or to taste)

Add Garlic, Onion and Chili to bowl with Ultra Blade
Pulse until fine chop
Replace ultra blade with kneading blade and scrape down sides
Add in oil
Program PI

Add tomatoes (reserve 10)
Add all other ingredients
Program Slow Cook P2 - reduce time to 10 mins stopper in (doesn't matter what setting)

Pulse for 20 seconds

Program Slow Cook P2 - increase temperature to 110 - reduce time to 30 mins

Stopper out altogether but a paper towel over for splatters this helps to reduce the liquid

After program finishes, check consistency - cook for longer if thick consistency is required

After cooking is done, add the whole reserved cherry tomatoes.

Taste - You may need to adapt with more salt / vinegar / honey etc

Jar according to canning rules (sterile jar)

The heat will depend on your chilies

Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts